J. David Jeans
David Jeans represents clients in all aspects of M&A, corporate, securities, intellectual property protection and general business matters. David has experience counseling clients on structuring and advising on business transactions, buy-sell agreements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, raising private capital and intellectual property protection. David also advises closely held companies and executives on executive compensation plans, equity incentive plans, stock option plans, and profit participation arrangements.
- The University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Member, The University of Memphis Law Review
The University of Memphis, B.B.A.
Captain of The University of Memphis Golf Team
- Represented national human resource technology company in connection with the sale of its
business to a competitive buyer.
- Represented national e-commerce retailer of aftermarket vehicle parts and accessories in
connection with its sale of the business.
- Represented education software company in connection with the sale of its assets.
- Represented national e-commerce holding company in connection with a merger into a publicly
- Represented privately held national protein distribution company in its acquisition of a seafood
- Represented national exercise equipment company in connection with the sale of its business.
- Represented human resource software company in connection with a Series A Preferred Stock
offering to national venture capital fund.
- Represented human resource software company in connection with a Series B Preferred Stock
offering to a national private equity fund.
- Represented real estate acquisition group in connection with its private bridge financing
- Represented dental practice in connection with the sale of seventeen dental office locations to a
private equity fund.
- Represented regional scaffolding company in connection with the sale of its business.
- Represented optometry franchisee in connection with its sale of four locations.
- Represented international furniture distributor and manufacturer in a tax free reorganization to
- Represented plastic manufacturing businesses in connection with the sale of its assets.
- Represented private investor group in connection with a preferred equity capital infusion into an
international staffing company.
- Represented multiple dental practices in connection with selling their dental practices.
- Admitted, The Florida Bar
- Member, Board of Directors – The Child Cancer Fund, 2016 – 2018
- Member, Executive Committee – Osprey Club, 2013 – 2017
Recent Presentations / Lectures
- “30,000 Foot View: Asset Sale vs. Stock Sale” (October 2016)
- “Key Employee Incentive & Compensation Plans” (March 2016)
- “LLC vs. INC.,” National Business Institute (October, 2011)