Kerri Cox represents private companies, ranging from start-up ventures and small businesses to established corporations, on a wide variety of matters including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, organization and structure, real property issues, operational matters, deal structuring, private equity-backed transactions and financing transactions. Kerri has experience negotiating and drafting purchase and sales agreements and closing documents; managing the due diligence process; and preparing a wide variety of other corporate and commercial documents. Kerri’s clients represent a diversity of industries, including consumer and business-to-business services, real estate, distribution, and manufacturing. Kerri’s background includes experience on in-house legal teams, which provided invaluable insight into common client needs and priorities.
- The University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- The Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Arts
- RezLegal, LLC – Jacksonville, FL – Associate, March 2019 to Present
- Reed Smith LLP, Senior Associate, 2014-2019 (Pittsburgh, PA and Houston, TX)
- Secondment to Shell Oil Company, 2016-2017 (Houston, TX)
- Burleson LLP, Senior Counsel, 2010-2014 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Blumling & Gusky, L.L.P., Associate, 2008-2010 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Hergenroeder Rega and Sommer, L.L.C., Associate, 2006-2008 (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Mohajery & Stachtiaris, Associate, 2005-2006, Law Clerk (2003-2005)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Research Assistant to Professor Harry Flechtner, 2003-2004
Notable Client Work
- Represented a publicly-traded stored energy company in the acquisition of the assets of a Florida-based manufacturer of batteries used to power advanced weapon systems.
- Represented the Small Business Administration in preparing loan documents and finalizing and closing small business loans.
- Represented a large privately-held company that serves the military marine and sub-sea sectors for remotely operated vehicles, oil and gas, environmental and oceanographic applications, in its $490 million sale, which included the disposition of its largest manufacturing facility, located in Mexico.
- Represented a large U.S. bank in the repositioning and disposition of distressed assets owned by borrowers.
- Represented a public energy company in the divestment of three electric generation facilities.
- Represented a privately-owned Pennsylvania company in a precedent-setting aggregation agreement and joint venture in the Marcellus Shale.
- Represented a privately-held energy company in a complex farmout agreement, joint operating agreement and resources/facilities sharing agreement in connection with a joint development project of its Mancos Shale formation acreage located in north-western New Mexico.
- Represented a privately-held energy company in four separate transactions to divest oil and natural gas properties, representing combined estimated net proved reserves of 302 Bcfe, in the Appalachian Basin, San Juan Basin, Michigan and Austin Chalk, for a combined cash consideration of $259 million.
- Dedicated full-time, on-site representation to one of the major public oil and gas companies handling acquisition and divestment transactions in the Marcellus and Permian Basins, the Gulf of Mexico and with respect to global interests.
- Represented a municipal authority in the development of over 500 acres of county-owned property into a mixed-use complex in Pennsylvania, now comprised of corporate, consumer, commercial and residential facilities.
- Admitted, State Bar of Pennsylvania
- Admitted, State Bar of Texas
- State Supreme Court – Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Pennsylvania